So much for a quiet summer. On June 30, 2022, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
the release of updated Requirements of Participation (RoPs) in a new QSO Memo. The Memo, “Revised Long-Term Care Surveyor Guidance: Revisions to Surveyor Guidance for Phases 2 & 3, Arbitration Agreement Requirements, Investigating Complaints & Facility Reported Incidents, and the Psychosocial Outcome Severity Guide,” outlines a multitude of areas that have new/revised guidance for surveyors. There are also several important attachments:
- Advance copy of Appendix PP – Guidance for Surveyors for Long-Term Care Facilities
- Updated SOM Chapter 5 related to Complaints and Investigations
- Updated SOM Exhibit 23 – ACTS Required Field (related to Complaints)
- Two new sample forms that CMS has released for providers to use for Facility-Reported Incidents (FRIs) and Follow-Up Investigation Reports
- Updated Psychosocial Outcome Severity Guide
There are extensive expansions in the surveyor guidance for many existing F-tags, as well as the Phase 3 RoPs, so be on the lookout on the CMSCG Blog for what you need to have in place before this guidance becomes effective in October 2022.
View CMS QSO Memo 22-19-NH here.