Is your skilled nursing facility ready for QAPI? This new CMS initiative is being finalized, and now is the time to prepare for your facility and get your team on board. CMS Compliance Group President Linda Elizaitis will be speaking on a NYSHFA audio conference, “Are You Ready for QAPI?” on March 15th at 10am.
QAPI Presentation Overview
The Affordable Care Act stipulates that all skilled nursing facilities have an acceptable, written QAPI plan completed within one year from the time that a QAPI regulation is promulgated. Getting ready for QAPI now gives you time to formalize your processes and address any gaps in your program before it is too late.
Formalizing the QAPI process means taking a proactive approach to improving the quality of care, life and services you are providing in your facility. This comprehensive, data-driven process requires staff at all levels to be involved. The “Five Elements of QAPI” are a good jumping-off point for implementing QAPI, but what are your next steps?
Key Topics that will be discussed include:
- Review of the “Five Elements of QAPI”
- Importance of making changes to systems and processes in the QAPI process
- How data required for an effective QAPI program can be gathered and used
Learning objectives for participants:
- Become familiar with the requirements of the written QAPI plan and how to put a comprehensive team in place to begin working on this initiative
- Identify opportunities in your facility that can be a focus for your Performance Improvement Project (PIP)
- Be aware of how training and education can be more effective when there is a system / process breakdown
To sign up for this event, you will need to visit the NYSHFA website, where sign up details will be released shortly.