Please be advised that CMS recently posted several updates regarding the Quality Indicator Survey (QIS).
- The QIS Checklist has been updated as of 11.29.12.
- As per a memo from Tom Kress, Technical Director, Division of Nursing Homes, dated December 6, 2012, QIS Comparative Survey Materials are now available, which include:
- QIS Comparative Checklist (updated 11.29.12)
- QIS Comparative Activities (with answers)
- Comparative Webinar (PPT)
- RO QCLI Results Report (real example)
- RO QCLI Results Report (activity)
The QIS Comparative Survey Materials can be accessed by downloading the .zip file on the QTSO website.
- If you missed the update in November 2012, CMS also posted a document, “QIS: Fact or Fiction,” that provides good clarification some questions you may have. You can check it out on the QTSO website.
- CMS also implemented several changes to the Quality Indicator Survey in July 2012. CMSCG provided information in a blog post that you can review if you need more information.