Prevent Legionnaires’ Disease: Water Management Program Training
Did you know? The number of people with Legionnaires’ disease grew 5.5 times from 2000 to 2017 and is deadly for 25% of people who get it from a health care facility. Ninety percent of the problems that cause Legionnaires’ disease outbreaks could have been prevented with more effective water management. Help prevent outbreaks by taking the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) new online training: Preventing Legionnaires’ Disease: A Training on Legionella Water Management Programs:
- Learn how to align with ASHRAE 188 – Opens in a new window risk management requirements for building water systems (e.g., potable water, cooling towers, hot tubs, decorative water features)
- Earn continuing education units from the National Environmental Health Association – Opens in a new window
- Public health professionals, including infection preventionists
- Building managers, maintenance/engineering staff, and safety officers
- Equipment and water treatment suppliers, as well as consultants
Learn more about Legionnaires’ disease on the CDC Environmental Health Services webpage.