Happy Friday! Even though we recap key news for our readers weekly, don’t forget to subscribe to the CMSCG blog to get instant access to timely information as it happens. This week, we took a look at increasing regulations in Massachusetts nursing homes that have residents with dementia, the potential monetary impact of Florida’s new assisted living bill, and CMS’ new QAPI tool framework.
Here’s this week’s LTC News recap, highlighting the week’s key news that should be on your radar.
- IG Report Findings Could Strengthen Nursing Home Inspections | Kaiser Health News | ow.ly/uqrK6
- Obama’s FY15 budget proposal: What’s in it for long-term care? | Long Term Living | ow.ly/ur2Zr
- Medicaid fraud units recovered $10 million from nursing homes in 2013, annual report shows | McKnight’s Long Term Care News |
- Citing Urgent Need, U.S. Calls on Hospitals to Hone Disaster Plans | NY Times | ow.ly/uvnaJ
- SEC charges brokers in to profit from deaths of terminally ill hospice and nursing home residents | InvestmentNews | ow.ly/uAoZD