The Foundation for Quality Care, the research and education affiliate of the New York State Health Facilities Association (NYSHFA) is pleased to announce that the Long Term Care Leadership Institute will be offering an Advanced Director of Nursing leadership program for applicants employed in the Northern Metro, New York City and Long Island regions of New York. The Advanced Director of Nursing Program provides a unique learning environment for experienced DONs to learn about innovative practice models and explore their leadership role.
- Session 1- Leadership Styles and Quality Performance through Systems Management
- Session 2 – Change Theory and Coaching for Improved Employee Performance
- Session 3 – Finance and Corporate Compliance for the Director of Nursing
- Session 4 – QIS Survey and Innovative Practice Models
- This session will be led by CMS Compliance Group President, Linda Elizaitis, who will be returning as an instructor to this course
- Session 5 – Professional Practice and Legal Aspects of Nursing Service Management
- Session 6 – Leading Successful Teams: Taking Your Team to the Next Level
Participation in this course is limited to 25 seats. The application deadline is August 6, 2013. To learn more about this program and complete your application, please visit the NYSHFA website.