Please be advised that CMS has posted 3 letters that you should be aware of:
- F tag 155 – Advance Directives – Revised Advance Copy (March 8, 2013)
- CMS has removed the term “right to accept” when referring to medical/surgical treatment, added guidance around the topic of experimental research, clarification to §483.10(b)(8), added a definition for “investigational or experimental drugs,” and updated both the Investigate Protocol and training slides, which are included in the memorandum.
- F tag 322 – Naso-Gastric Tubes – Revised Advance Copy (March 8, 2013)
- CMS has revised the format of the regulatory language for F-322, added clarification/expanded upon the definition of “Naso-Gastric tubes”, and updated the training slides. The revised Interpretive Guidelines and PowerPoint are included in this memorandum.
- Physician Delegation of Tasks in Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) and Nursing Facilities (NFs) (March 8, 2013)
- CMS has provided clarification related to delegation by physicians of certain tasks to SNFs and NFs to non-physician practitioners. Section 3108 of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has been implemented, which adds physician assistants to the group that can perform SNF level of care certifications/re-certifications. Clarification has been provided regarded co-signing of orders for SNFs and NFs.