This week, there was so much information put out about skilled nursing that we had a hard time narrowing down our recap to only five articles! As you may know, the OIG put out it’s 2013 work plan, and we’ll be writing a separate blog entry about what that may mean for your facility.
Check out these articles from this week below:
- Overnight activities for dementia patients allow caregivers to get some much-needed sleep | Washington Post | ow.ly/ebXrK
- Accuracy with ADL coding | McKnight’s Long Term Care News| ow.ly/e7KeO
- New models provide enhanced care in nursing homes | National Nursing News | ow.ly/e7B5O
- Palliative focus needed in skilled nursing facilities | News Medical | ow.ly/edAyW
- AARP report shows family caregivers providing more complex care to avoid nursing homes | Senior Housing News | ow.ly/e9S7V
As well, CMS Compliance Group President Linda Elizaitis’ guest article for About.com Assisted Living on MDS 3.0 being important for more than just reimbursement was published, which we posted as well on the CMSCG blog. With so much news, there’s bound to be something we couldn’t fit in this brief weekly update. If there’s a topic you’d like CMSCG to cover in more depth, please let us know in the comment box below.