Quality Indicator Survey (QIS) Update
While CMS is in the process of rolling out the Quality Indicator Survey for nursing homes across the U.S., updates and refinements are made to the QIS forms, several of while have been rolled out in the past 30 days. Another update is expected in October 2012, which we will keep you abreast of, but in the meantime, the links to the updated QIS forms from the QTSO website are listed below for your reference.
Updated Quality Indicator Survey Brochure (July 31, 2012)
Updated Quality Indicator Survey Checklist (July 19, 2012)
Mandatory Task: Medication Administration Observation (July 31, 2012)
Updated Stage 1 Forms:
- Census Sample Record Review (July 31, 2012)
- Family Interview (July 31, 2012)
- Resident Interview & Resident Observation (July 31, 2012)
- Staff Interview (July 31, 2012)
- Admission Sample Record Review (July 31, 2012)
Updated Stage 2 Forms:
- Critical Elements for Hospice, End of Life, and/or Palliative Care (August 2, 2012)
- Critical Elements for Unnecessary Medications and Medication Regiment Review (July 31, 2012)
- Critical Elements for Tube Feeding Status (July 31, 2012)
If you have any questions about preparing for the QIS, please contact us. CMS Compliance Group has extensive experience in providing skilled nursing facilities like yours with survey consulting and staff training to help you get better survey results.